Exams and Teeth Whitening in Plymouth, MN
Count on the team at Arnesen, Herbert, and Endean, D.D.S., when you are seeking teeth whitening and initial exam services. When you come to us for dental care in Wayzata, MN, we will provide you with a general exam, as well as tartar removal, plaque removal, and tooth polishing services to make your smile nice and bright. Additionally, we offer fluoride treatments to help prevent tooth decay. With our help, you will be headed down the path of long-term dental health as soon as possible.
Whether you are looking for a new dentist in Wayzata, MN, or want to make an appointment for teeth whitening in Plymouth, you can rest assured that our compassionate crew can help you. We are known for having a gentle touch, providing caring services to both adults and children. Make an appointment to meet with our dentists for an exam and whitening services by giving us a call at (763) 475-2820.
Initial & Regular Dental Exams
The first step to getting a healthy mouth is to stop into our dental office for a comprehensive dental exam. This initial exam allows our dentists to get an understanding of your mouth’s current health as well as allows us to answer any questions you might have about our services and your needs.
After this initial exam, you’ll be able to sign up for regular checkups, which helps you maintain your health through preventive measures performed by our dentist and hygienist. Some of the services you can expect during a dental exam include:
- Diagnostic X-Rays – This service allows us to detect any decay, tumors, cysts, or bone loss occurring in your mouth. Additionally, x-rays help our dentist determine your mouth’s exact tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screenings – Our dentist or hygienist will check all around your face, lips, tongue, neck, throat, gums, and tissues in search of any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation – This evaluation gives us the opportunity to check the gums and bones around your teeth to make sure you are not suffering from periodontal disease.
- Tooth Decay Examination – We check all of the surfaces of your teeth with special dental instruments to make sure you do not have any decay.
- Existing Restorations Examination – This examination allows us to quickly check all of your current fillings, crowns, and restorations to ensure that they are all still doing their job effectively.
Professional Dental Cleanings
The registered dental hygienists employed by our dental office are ready to help you keep your teeth looking great by providing you with a professional dental cleaning. Most dental cleaning procedures are included in your regular examinations, since both are keys to maintaining perfect dental health. This particular dental procedure includes the following services:
- Tartar Removal – Hardened plaque that attaches to your tooth surface is called tartar or calculus and forms both above and below your gum line. It requires special dental instruments to remove tartar from your mouth.
- Plaque Removal – This stick, almost invisible film is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva that forms on your teeth and produces toxins that damage and inflame your gums, which can lead to periodontal disease.
- Tooth Polishing – A final polishing of your teeth allows our hygienist to remove any stains or plaque that weren’t removed during the brushing or scaling portion of your dental cleaning.
The most effective agent currently available in preventing tooth decay is fluoride. This mineral is naturally present in almost all of the food we eat and water we drink and is supported by many of the top health and professional organizations. How does it work? Fluoride can be applied to the outside of the tooth or built into the tooth from within to help improve the strength of your teeth. With proper brushing, flossing, balanced meals, and regular dentist’s appointments, fluoride is able to help you keep your teeth strong and healthy. We recommend a fluoride treatment twice a year during your regular dental check-up.
Contact us for more information on our dental exams and dental cleanings. Our team is proud to offer our high-quality services to patients located throughout the Plymouth, Minnesota, area.